Friday, May 18, 2012

Summer, 1930 -- Acrylic Layout/Wall Hanging ~ WAS FEATURED OVER AT LITTLE RED WAGON


Hi everyone!!!  Today is my day to be featured over at Practical Scrappers and so I decided I wanted to do an acrylic layout...  I've never done one before mainly because I've been too intimidated/scared to do it...  But you know what??  Sometimes we just have to conquer those fears so we can move forward... and that's just what I did here....

I've had this photo of my grandparents for a long time and really wanted to scan it and scrap it.. so, I just decided to kill two birds with one stone and scrap it on acrylic..I'm really glad I did and I love the results...

Here is the list of scrappy things I used...
Acrylic ~ Clear Scraps
Doilies
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
StazOn Ink
Prima Clear Stamp
Prima Vine
Prima Resin Bridge
Buttons
Lace Ribbon
Stick Pins
Glass Beads
Prima Stay It In Pearls

Now if you just wanted to make a layout then you are through....  But after I finished, I decided I wanted to hang this on my wall, but it just looked too washed out....  So...  back to my craft room...  I added the SU Brown Cardstock on the back, edged it with the fine lace... Added the big ribbon and tied a bow at the top to hang it on my wall...

Here is what it looks like now......


What a difference... 
So there you have it..  Layout or Wall Hanging???  You decide...  I hope you will give this a try... it's sooo easy and I love the end result.

This layout will also qualify for a few challenges...
Creatalicious Challenge ~ Bingo ( Flowers, Anything But A Square Card, Buttons)
Little Red Wagon ~ DIY Patterned Paper
Crafts And Me Challenge ~ Pearls and Lace

Be sure and drop by Practical Scrappers often and see what's going on.. and even check out the sidebar for the current challenge calls and details..  We would love to see your creative projects and even showcase them with ours!! 

Thanks so much for dropping by today!!
Have a wonderful Friday!!
Hugs!!
Pin It!

9 comments:

Ellen said...

This is definitely a lovely layout! Great job.
Thanks for joining us this week at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

Judith said...

This is a gorgeous layout the colours are just perfect and i love that little bridge thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week and good luck hugs Judith x

Tammy said...

What a beautiful layout! Love how you turned it into a wall hanging! That ribbon is de-lish!
Thanks for playing with us at LRW this week and creating your own patterned paper!!

DesignerDiva said...

Just beautiful! love the layout and photo, and what a great idea to turn it into a wallhanging!
Thanks for 'keepin' it real' at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie xx

RoseC said...

Oh, Fern . . . how fortunate you are to have this wonderful photo! I'm so glad you've displayed it so beautifully. Your design and elements are stunning. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Pearls and Lace" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Cards By MI said...

Such pretty project. It's absolutly stunning. Thanks for playing with us over at FFC this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Helen Dooley said...

Oh Fern- I love so much when you are able to play along with us! you make such beautiful pages! Thanks so much for playing along with us at fOr fun!

Embley Veronica said...

Thank you for sharing this with us at For Fun Challenges! I love the flowering vine climbing up the page. Really lovely!

Kathy D. said...

You rocked this!! I love how you captured the vintage feel of this even on a modern acrylic piece. Just beautiful.

Thank you so much for playing at For Fun Challenge. Hope to see you this week for our new challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...