Saturday, May 19, 2012

Our sweet little freckled face girl ~ Guest Designer over at Lollipop Ladies

Hi everyone!!!  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend...  I sure am, and I'm so happy to be showing you this layout...   Gin, from The Lollipop Ladies contacted me last month and asked me if I would be one of their Guest Designers for May...  And of course I told her I would...  I love stalking their blog and play along with their challenges when I can..  But here lately I haven't gotten over there...   Scrappers, if you get a chance, please check them out and play along.... if they get at least 7 people participating they will give away a prize!!   They also let you combine your project with  other challenges...  So please show them a little support and play along!!!

Okay..  so with a name like The Lollipop Ladies..  you can only guess that the inspiration will come from something "sweet"...  and this time is no different.. 

Here is the challenge...
"FRECKLES"
with an additional challenge of
"SPOTS"


So for this challenge I went with the word freckles and did a layout of my daughter... who is so beautiful with her freckles..  And since the inside of this treat looks chocolaty I layered everything on brown cs...

And for the additional challenge of spots...  Check the PP under Amanda's photo!!

I also used Sketch #206 from over at Creative Scrappers...


Had a lot of fun with this layout... 


Challenges this layout qualifies for...
The Lollipop Ladies ~ Freckles  and Spots
Creative Scrappers ~ Sketch #206
Crafty Catz Weekly ~ Let's Hear It For The Girls
Simply Create Two ~ Mothers Day or Feminine (I went with feminine)
Paper Play Challenge ~ Destruction/Distressing

List of scrappy things I used on this layout...
Brown CS
KaiserCraft Sweet Nothings Collection
KaiserCraft These Days Collection
SU Always Artichoke CS
Cuttlebug Houndstooth embossing folder
Doily
Tim Holtz Distressing Ink
Prima Flower
Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes Die
Martha Stewart Spiral Arches Deed Edge Border Punch
Martha Stewart Doily Lace Trim Deep Edge Border Punch
Dew Drops
Spellbinders Foliage Die
Prima Say It In Crystals
3-D Butterfly
SU Markers

Thanks so much for dropping by!!
Have a wonderful day!!
Hugs!!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Fern I love your layout. And the wall-hanging. Great addition to the Lollipop Ladies team!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Fern: Your entry is so great [Amanda's cute too!]! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too for our Challenge #13 - Mother's Day [or Feminine] Challenge. And, don't forget to come back this Friday for another great challenge!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Mandy said...

Beautiful page Fern, so many pretty details to look at and your distressing is fabulous.
I haven't heard of Lollipop ladies but I've just started scrapping so will go and check it out :)
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...