Thursday, September 23, 2010

Published November, 2010 in Scrapbook News & Review ~ Wanted ~ Sketches In Thyme No. 16

Hi everyone!  It's Thursday and I have something to share that is very special to me...  Today we have a new sketch challenge over at Sketches In Thyme and it's another fantastic layout from  Helen Croft at Scrap a Little Sketches

 Tomorrow is my Dad's 81st Birthday and I wanted to make him something special..  Last week my husband was looking through our old photos and found this photo of my dad taken about 25 years ago when my mom and dad were on one of the many trail rides they used to go on...   This is my dad riding Bullet, which was my horse when I  lived at home...    I knew right away that this was the perfect photo for this sketch!!!  I have already mailed it hoping he will get it before tomorrow...  My mom asked me not to frame it because of the glass, so instead I put it in a heavy duty sleeve so that it can be tacked to a bulletin board...  I do hope he enjoys it!!

Here are a few close ups:


Here you can see some of my distressing, the lasso I used for my circle


Here you can see the recycled mesh which is part of a bow from a package that I sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist ~ Chocolate Covered Cherries.. You can also see the layer I cut with my Silhouette that is layered behind the photo... I also sprayed this with the Glimmer Mist...  The SU Chocolate Chip CS is torn with one of those rulers with the jagged edges..


Here we have a close up of the chipboard flourish which is popped up on pop dots to fit over the lasso rope..  You can also see some more of the misted netting..


And finally here is the Sizzix Die Cut "wood sign" which I distressed with Tim Holtz Vintage Distressing Ink and added alphabet stickers and brads.. this is also popped up for dimension....

Here are a few challenges this layout will qualify for:
A Spoon Full of Sugar ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Catz ~ Chocolate and Green
The ABC Challenge ~ D is for Distressing

Here is the scrappy list of things I used:
The Paper Company Double Sided Mulberry Chocolate/Tan
Scrapbookers Painted Page ~ Wanted ~ (2 pages) I cut the WANTED out and popped it up over the one printed on the page...
Recycled Fiber Mesh sprayed with
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist ~ Chocolate Covered Cherries
SU Chocolate Chip CS
Tim Holtz Distressing Ink ~ Vintage
Brads
Small Rope
Silhouette to cut the design behind the picture and love you.
Chipboard
Alphabet Stickers (no. 1 Dad)
Sizzix Die (wood sign)

Thank you so much for stopping by and please go check out what the other Mavens did with this wonderful sketch...  We would love to have you play along and remember the more challenges you play the more chances you have winning this fabulous prize from Tanya....

YUMMY!!!  So what are you waiting for...  Can't wait to see what you come up with.. be sure and upload it so we can all see!!
Stop back by anytime... I love hearing from you!!!!
Hugs!!!

Pin It!

26 comments:

Dawnll said...

Fern this is just spectacular! I know your dad will love this layout. The details are so wonderful and I think this is one of my favorite layouts I have seen done so well in awhile.
This one should be submitted to a magazine or something

TeenaBugg38 said...

wowowowowwow Fern!!! I love all of that distressing!!! What fun this layout musta been!!! I'm sure your dad is just gonna love it!!!

all the days of our life said...

WOW!!!WOW!!WOW!!!!! This is stunning, the distressing here is just AMAZING!!!. The vintage details are great. Just PERFECT!!!.

Bobbi said...

This is beautiful and I am sure your dad loved it.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

WOW!! This is awesome, the distressing is just so so perfect for this layout...love this!

Brenda said...

I don't even know what to say that would compliment this layout enough! Stunning - I always learn so much from you, Fern! Hugs~

scrappinlil said...

Fern, You did an excellent job on this one. I always love your work , but I love how you distressed this and also the lasso as the circle..clever idea. Love it. TFS

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is magazine material work. You are so talented, and this layout is simply stunning. I would have to call you an artist. WOW!

Hugs
Tanya

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fab card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Donna said...

Fantastic layout Fern and such fab embellies you have used...perfick for this weeks transport challenge...thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake :) Donna x

Barb Craft said...

Ohhhh Fern!! This is amazing!! your dad is going to LOVE this!! You always do such a great job with distressing but I think you really did a fabulous job on this one!! The distressed look is so perfect for the photo and the lasso is the perfect finishing touch!! Love your eye for details!! Happy Birthday to your dad!!
Barb :)

shari said...

Fern, I love this layout, your dad is sure to love it. Shari (cricutrookie)

Unknown said...

Alright, so this tops my all time favorites from you!!!! I love how your details really look just like a vintage Wanted poster! The little rope is perfect and so are all your inkings! LOVE it!!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Curly said...

Hi Fern
lovely design and colours a truly beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at SCSC101: Anything goes, Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful! Thank you for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week.
Amelia x

Pauline said...

Howdy fern... this is incredible! I have to show my husband this one.... he loves country and hasn't started scrapping his photos yet. Thank you for joining us at For Fun this week.... great to see a LO instead of a card!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous layout Fern,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz
hugs Dianne xx

Distressed Miss said...

Fantastic project. Love the distressed look.
Thanks for joining us at ABC.
Hugs
Clare
x

Helen said...

Fab LO!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Cupcake Craft said...

Oh Fern, I'm not a SB kind of girl but this LO is fabtastic! I love how you've used the string to create a lasso, what a brilliant detail. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Cupcake again. xxx

Beth aka BR-T said...

Fern can I say wow wow wow! Beth

Debbie said...

I'm sure your dad will love this Fern! I love all of the distressing and the twine around your picture! I made a lasso on one of my layouts, but it didn't turn out as good as yours! Have a great weekend!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, Fern, I have been out of town for a days (Salado) and am catching up on my favorite blogs. This page really tugs at my heartstrings .. I have tried many times to create a perfect page for my Dad and it's hard! Loved him so much that nothing is ever good enough! But this one is amazing! Love the distresing, the photo and such a great sketch for a single photo! Love the rope circle! I am in awe of your talent, my friend! Your Dad will love it! You will have to do a page print of this one to keep for yourself! Hugs!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Fern!
hope you are well!

I saw this LO on the challenge blog and loved it!
Then I looked to see who it was...and there you were! I should have known! It's GORGEOUS, such wonderful details Fern, it really creates a wonderful scene for this great photo!!!
Take care!
hugs & blessings to you!

Audrey Frelx said...

Fern, you're still knocking out these absolutely amazing layouts!

Just wanted to drop in, say hello, and let you know your thought of fondly!!!

Mary Ski said...

Very rustic looking. Thanks for sharing with For Fun Challenges this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...